7 Must-have Electric Scooter Accessories
In recent years, electric scooters have become an increasingly popular mode of transportation for short commutes. They are affordable, eco-friendly, and convenient for navigating through traffic. However, as with any mode of transportation, proper gear is essential for a safe and enjoyable ride. Here is a list of must-have gear for an electric scooter commute.
1. Helmet: A helmet is a critical piece of gear for any electric scooter rider. It protects your head in the event of an accident, reducing the risk of serious injury. Always look for a helmet that is certified by a recognized safety organization, such as the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
2. Lights: Lights are essential for riding your electric scooter in low light conditions or at night. A headlight on the front of your scooter will help you see the road ahead, and a rear light will help you be seen by other drivers. At present, most of the electric scooters on the market are basically equipped with headlights and taillights, such as Teamgee G3. If your electric scooter is not equipped with lights, please choose a high-quality electric scooter light.
3. Gloves: Gloves are essential for maintaining a strong grip on the handlebars of your scooter. They also protect your hands from the elements, reducing the risk of cold or numb fingers while riding.
4. Lock: A sturdy lock is essential to secure your electric scooter when you park it. A high-quality lock will deter thieves and provide you with peace of mind while you are away from your scooter. There are many types of locks on the market. Some locks are secured by a lock and key, while others have combination locks with numbers or letters. They also come in various types such as U-locks, chain locks, and cable locks. Teamgee's 5 Digit Combination Coiled Chain Lock is one of the best choices.
5. Scooter Bag: A big-capacity and waterproof scooter bag is a convenient way to carry your essentials while you are commuting. It is firmly tied to the front of the scooter through four straps to store some essential items for daily travel, such as mobile phones, gloves, chargers, power banks, and other items. It also frees up your hands to control the scooter safely.
6. Phone mount: If you use a smartphone app to control your electric scooter or track your ride statistics, a phone mount will help you keep your phone within easy reach during the ride.
7. Bell or horn: A bell or horn alerts pedestrians, other riders, and drivers of your presence and helps prevent accidents. Teamgee G3 electric scooter for commuting is equipped with a bell on the handlebar, no additional purchase is required.
Conclusion: While electric scooters can make your commute more enjoyable, you need the right gear to stay safe and have peace of mind. Invest in these seven essential items, and you will be on your way to a comfortable, hassle-free commute. Keep in mind that as an electric scooter rider, you must follow all traffic regulations and take extra precautions to stay safe on the road.